I made this recipe so that I could consume more greens in my diet, this also contains healthy fats from the avocado. You can do whatever you want with this recipe because its so basic. It’s delicious how it is but you could add whatever greens you like or have in the fridge, even adding a protein wouldn’t be bad!
Spinach and Broccoli Detox Soup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 head broccoli, chopped (about 5 to 6 cups)
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 avocado
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup plain Kefir and more for drizzle (also can use plain Greek yogurt)
Heat up coconut oil in large pot. Add onions and garlic and cook on medium heat until soft. Stir in red pepper flakes, broth and bring to a boil. Add broccoli and cover, turn down to a low simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes, just until the broccoli is fork tender. Turn off heat and let it cool down to transfer to blender (about 5 min). Add contents of pot into blender and add avocado, spinach and kefir. Puree until you reach your desired consistency and finish with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with more avocado and kefir.